Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Yuck, yuck, yuck, and I'm not laughing

After a 3 hour nap yesterday, I awoke to M wanting to drink beer. Rather than taunt my liver anymore (cuz you know if it's in the house, I'm gonna drink it!) I suggested we get a wee recession friendly bag from L. Alas, we did. There was a photo shoot at Lush Life yesterday and K puts out quite a spread. Tiff's Treats legendary cookies, which I've never had--until yesterday when I scarfed down five of them. They are truly just that delishical! But the point is, when I slip with the food, it gets that much easier to slip w/weed, etc. Life can be so tiresome....

On a brighter note, I finally got to meet and massage A--a friend of another client who bought her a gift certificate. A is recently turned 90 and is still working part time out of her house as a beautician! She's the most fabulous chick of any age I've met in many moons. She came of age in the Great Depression and is sharp as a tack, remembering vividly how she stood in line with her father for sugar and flour. She swears by vitamins and herbs for her longevity and good health. It was such a thrill to meet her after our numerous phone conversations trying to schedule and reschedule her appointment. She calls me--and everyone, I expect--'honey' and 'sugar', which I just adore. A real darling of a lady. She hugged me twice and was so sweet. I'm going back next week to give her a chair massage. I hope we get to be friends. I'd love to hear more of her stories.

No comments: