Friday, July 3, 2009

Rest in peace...


MJ is still dead. The world grieves. And feels kinda weird and embarrassed. I have great admiration for his one of a kind talent and innovation. He was one of those lucky few born at just the right time.

In other news, I've been getting to the gym again. Ran 2 miles and walked some on the treadmill today and then did sit ups and push ups and arm stuff with a medicine ball. My weight remains at the upper end of my lifelong 20 lb swing and I'm still not so comfy in my skin. But this week I wore 2 different pairs of jeans that were loser on me since the last time I wore them, so a victory.

It's hot as the oven in the old broad's gingerbread house in Texas lately and I've been working a lot this week so haven't gotten up to the Barn to see Shaggy in 5 days or so. Need to get my Saddlebred fix tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow: July 4th. When I was 9 it became the day my Mom married my step dad. So I don't tend to celebrate it. But I'll ride. Yee-hah!

No comments: